The decision to take this late-career break was driven by the need to break-out of an unhealthy lifestyle and slow down the age associated decline we were experiencing (mainly Ian’s!).
In planning this sabbatical we agreed on the following main objectives:
- Experience life in each of our destinations, not just travel through
- Contribute through volunteering
- Slow life down and have more time to develop other interests
- Dry run for retirement – living on a budget
- Reflect and come up with the plan for life’s next stage
With the benefit of hindsight we should be able to analyse how much of these objectives we achieved and how the whole experience may or may not have proved to be life changing. Maybe this is something we’ll consider whilst describing our new adventures.